(Reposted from: UNOY)
Share your Peace Initiative and Win the Youth Carnegie Peace Prize!
Best practices from young peacebuilders all over the world will be highlighted through a video contest. The best videos compete for the Youth Carnegie Peace Prize. The winner of the Youth Carnegie Peace Prize will be awarded the title ‘Youth Ambassador of the Peace Palace’ during the Carnegie Peace Building Conversations Conference in The Hague and a conference ticket for the One Young World Summit in The Hague, respectively taking place in September and October 2018. The video contest is an initiative of the Carnegie Foundation Peace Palace, United Network of Young Peacebuilders and Youth Peace Initiative.
Show the world how you tackle the following challenges:
- Financing the upside: flexible support for young peacebuilders;
- Promoting meaningful youth participation in formal peace and political transition processes;
- Creating safe and trustful civic spaces for youth to operate in their local contexts.
Are you a peace builder and between 18 and 29 years old? Then don’t hesitate, grab your mobile or camera and make a video of your work as a peacebuilder! Contestants are judged on their impact and effectiveness in addressing the above three challenges, their creativity, and the degree to which the peacebuilding initiative is youth-led.
Required specifications for your application:
- Age of participant(s): 18-29 years old
- Resolution of the video: Minimal 1280 x 720 pixels
- Length of video: Maximum 3 minutes long
- Submissions: Video and application form must be submitted via [email protected]
- Deadline: August 20, 2018, 11:59 pm
The organization that wins the contest will receive the first Youth Carnegie Peace Prize during the Carnegie Wateler Peace Prize Ceremony to be held on 26 September 2018 in the Peace Palace The Hague, the Netherlands.