Post Number: ED/PA 184
Parent Sector: Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: Education
Type of contract: Project Appointment
Duration of contract: 1 year
Recruitment open to: Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time): 23-AUG-2021
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Education, guidance from the Director of the Division for Education 2030, and the immediate supervision of the Chief of Section, the incumbent will help to advance the implementation of the UNESCO Strategy for Gender Equality in and through Education and UNESCO’s Her Education, Our Future initiative. S/He will particularly:
1. Provide strategic advice and technical backstopping for the development and implementation of country projects and programmes, providing evidence-based guidance on: enabling legal and regulatory frameworks for gender-transformative education, institutional changes to ensure gender equality in teaching, learning and management, gender-sensitive curriculum and pedagogical practices, and social norms change to promote gender equality.
2. Develop programme guidance and quality assurance tools to successfully implement country projects and programmes. This includes technical support to the development of logical frameworks, theories of change, and monitoring and evaluation frameworks that promote the collection of timely and accurate strategic information that can be used to assess progress towards expected results.
3. Identify and mobilise additional resources for UNESCO’s work on gender equality in and through education, in consultation and coordination with the appropriate units within UNESCO, Field Offices and institutes, UN Partners and other relevant stakeholders with a view to expand UNESCO’s programmes on gender equality in and through education.
4. Provide support to cooperation mechanisms to advance UNESCO’s work on gender equality in and through education, including UNESCO’s Global Education Coalition’s Gender Flagship, Joint Programme modalities with UN and other partners, and other partnership modalities.
5. Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing on UNESCO’s work to advance gender equality in and through education, including through documentation, reporting and other communication efforts.