Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: Education
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Duration of contract: 2 years
Recruitment open to: Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time): 06-NOV-2021
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General, Education (ADG/ED), guidance from the Director of the Division for Education 2030 (ED/E30), and the direct supervision of the Chief of the Section for SDG 4 Leadership (ED/E30/SDG), the Programme Specialist is responsible for contributing to UNESCO’s lead coordinating role of SDG4 2030 Education Agenda and supporting and improving the efficiency of the operations of the Global Education Cooperation Mechanism (GCM). S/he will be expected to perform the following essential duties:
- Contribute to, and provide strategic guidance on, UNESCO’s activities and projects for global coordination of the 2030 Education Agenda and coordinate technical support to the development, implementation, and monitoring of SDG4 strategies, plans, and programmes in Member States.
- Regularly update, plan, and monitor activities and projects led by the SDG 4 team, and support engagement of internal and external partners while monitoring support services including procurement, communication, and logistics.
- Develop and maintain collaboration within the UNESCO Education Sector and with other Programme Sectors, Regional Bureaux/Liaison Offices, as well as Institutes, on implementation, monitoring and evaluation of SDG4 Education 2030 Agenda under the framework of the GCM.
- Coordinate activities to organize successful global events. This will entail risk assessment/management, vendor engagement, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders, and project scoping, planning and implementation.
- Assume one or more focal responsibilities, including support to the development of new partnerships of strategic importance to UNESCO.
- Promote strong internal team communications, contributing to the on-boarding of new members, particularly in the context of the new inter-agency secretariat; proposing team building activities, and other proactive steps to maintain a good working environment.
- Contribute to resource mobilization by playing an active role in funding and project proposal developments, submissions, and follow-up. Locate and mobilize resources and ensure the preparation of extra-budgetary projects progress reports, including the submission of essential information to concerned parties to support the timely finalization of accurate financial reports.
- Participate in programme development (C/5) discussions and in the formulation of specific initiatives related to SDG4 coordination and partnership.
- Prepare materials to support the Chief and Senior Management including briefs, strategy planning charts, presentation materials, meeting minutes/reports and action points.