Employer Information: The People’s Forum is a non-profit organization located in midtown Manhattan which opened in September 2018.
Our Mission: The People’s Forum is a movement incubator for working-class and marginalized communities to build unity across historic lines of division at home and abroad. We are an accessible educational and cultural space that nurtures the next generation of visionaries and organizers who believe that through collective action a new world is possible.
Position Summary: We are seeking an addition to our team that will help plan and coordinate our educational programming and the organization of our library. This is a full-time position that will report to the Education Director.
- Along with the Education Director, assist with the planning, coordination, and evaluation of courses of study curated by The People’s Forum. This includes but is not limited to curriculum development, coordination of students, classes, and evaluation processes, communication with educators, and technical assistance in class sessions.
- Communicate with educational partners via email, phone and text message.
- Assist with outreach to potential education partners and member organizations, and with the review of class and event proposals.
- In coordination with the Communications Manager, create event listings and registration forms for classes on our WordPress website, and promote events via social media and with printed material.
- Input and manage education related data in our database.
- Assist with calendar management and scheduling of education courses and activities.
- Provide virtual and, when safe to resume in person events, on-site assistance to educational partners including scheduling, room set-up and assistance with virtual and classroom technological equipment.
- Assist with the organization of the library, and with the coordination of library volunteers.
- Draft, proofread, and/or edit a range of written materials, including but not limited to reports, program documents, grant proposals, publications, and presentations.
- Provide overall administrative support to the education activities and program including invoicing, receiving payments, answering general inquiries, and other tasks as needed.
- Excellent writing, communication and research skills
- A high degree of flexibility and ability to problem solve
- Organizational and time management skills and multitasking abilities with an attention to detail
- Energetic, organized, a team player; a “roll up your sleeves and do what’s needed” kind of person
- This is an NYC based position, with the option of remote work available until it is safe to resume in-person programming.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3-5 years professional experience in education, community organizing, library, non-profit administration, or other area of work relevant to the job.
- A demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of social justice causes for the working class and marginalized groups both in the U.S. and internationally.
- Demonstrated skills in research and organization of information preferred.
- Proficiency in Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, or other second language preferred.
Compensation and Benefits: We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. We provide excellent benefits including full health insurance, life insurance, a 401(k) savings option, and paid time off. Additionally, our employees have full access to events and classes hosted at The People’s Forum.
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to the Education Director, Layan Fuleihan at firstname.lastname@example.org & the General Manager, David Chung at email@example.com. Please include “Education Coordinator” in the subject line of the email and submit your application by October 24, 2020.
The People’s Forum is an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. People of color, LGBTQ persons, and people from other historically marginalized backgrounds are encouraged to apply.