(Reposted from: World BEYOND War. August 7, 2023)
Yurii Sheliazhenko has been formally charged by the Ukrainian government with the crime of justifying Russian aggression. The evidence they provide is the statement “Peace Agenda for Ukraine and the World” authored by the Ukrainian Pacifist Movement (of which Yurii is the executive secretary), which explicitly condemns Russian aggression.
Please consider signing the petition sponsored by World BEYOND War asking Ukraine to drop the prosecution of Yurii.
More background on Yurii:
- We Object to the Illegal Search and Seizure at Apartment of Yurii Sheliazhenko in Kyiv, By World BEYOND War (August 3)
- Yurii Sheliazhenko Speaks on Being Prosecuted for Pacifism, by World BEYOND War (August 7)
- Articles featuring Yurii on World BEYOND War
- Ukrainian Authorities Charge Peace Activist Yurii Sheliazhenko, Raid His Home, Democracy Now (August 7)
- Democracy Now! interviews with Yurii Sheliazhenko