[icon name=”share” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] apply here
The Project officer will be employed under the project titled “Peace Education in Yemeni Schools” implemented in two governorates (Lahj and Aden) and funded by the French Foreign Ministry. The program overall goal is to increase the resilience of Yemeni youth to violent extremism. This will be achieved through two specific objectives:
Increase secondary school teachers’ knowledge on providing conflict sensitive and non- violent education for students
Increase individual youth capacity to resolve violence amicably and be positive agents of change
The activities include institutional and individual capacity building through which Search will empower secondary education teachers to lead cascade trainings on non-violent conflict resolution to their fellow educators. Non-violent conflict resolution will be further institutionalised through the creation of conflict mediation clubs and school dialogue committees within local schools. Activities also include raising community awareness for youth as positive agents of change which is achieved through community service campaigns and initiatives led by youth in cooperation with local civil society organisations (CSOs) to address local needs.
The post is based in Aden, Yemen, and requires frequent field visits to target governorates.
Roles and responsibilities include:
The Project Officer will report to the Project Manager and will work closely with other team members, and is responsible for the following:
- Ensures the agreed project management methods, standards, and processes are maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
- supports other team members in work planning, reporting, partner liaison, networking and communication.
- Ensures quality filing and reporting systems for project activities, feeding into reports to donors on implementation progress and achieved results.
- Coordinates all activities related to project, including but not limited to planning and following up on the implementation of activities, coordinating with local partners and ensures timely achievement of project’s milestones and objectives.
- Coordinates the implementation of outreach activities with local partners at the governorates’ and districts level. This could be achieved by maintaining contact, attending activities, regular reporting with local partners, ensuring that activities are running according to the plan.
- Carries out frequent field visits to targeted districts to manage and supervise project’s activities and gives feedback and guidance to implementing local partners, facilitators and consultants.
- Nurtures and expands contact with local NGOs, local authorities, and local communities’ leaders in project’s targeted areas.
- Coordinates M&E data, activity results, and documentation with Search DM&E Coordinator and Project Manager.
- Keeps Project Manager informed of progress achieved and challenges faced (through regular reports).
- Prepares regular reports and documentation of activities conducted.
- Draws up reports and presentation documents in relation to the project’s activities and achieved results.
- Formulates appropriate input for various project reports including annual reports and specific reports.
- Participates in formulating project action plans and helps synchronise the planning and budgeting system.
- Ensures implementation of activities as per the work plan and all related documents and logistics are prepared and approved.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
You meet the following qualifications:
- A university degree or equivalent certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognized establishment or equivalent experiences.
- At least 2-4 years’ professional experience in a comparable position including extensive fieldwork.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, as well as the ability to build and conduct effective professional working relationships.
- Ability to work through stringent deadlines with acute attention to detail.
- Maintains focus on priorities.
- Self‐starter with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Demonstrate excellence in both oral and written communications.
- Ability to coordinate all aspects of an event including logistics, correspondence, and financial reports.
- Ability to coordinate and lead committee meetings.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office and Excel).
- Good command of English and Arabic.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
- Candidates must be able to work in Yemen.
To apply, interested candidates should send the following items to our employment portal here:
- current resume
- cover letter
Include the following in your cover letter
- minimum salary requirements (or current salary)
- projected start date,
- where you found this posting.
We are looking to fill this position with the right candidate. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.