Application deadline: 17 March 2019
Start date: 1 April 2019
Location: Yangon + regular travels to various places in Myanmar
Contract period: 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020, with the possibility of extension
[icon name=”file-pdf-o” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] download the job description for additional details
About Mote Oo Education
Mote Oo Education is a local and community-focused organisation which specialises in training of educators, particularly in the adult education sector, and context-appropriate quality educational materials for Myanmar youth and adults. We work together with over 270 organisations and schools in Myanmar and on the Thai-Myanmar border.
About the Civic and Peace Education Department
The Civic and Peace Education Department currently works with two projects: “The Peace Education Project” and “Education and Engagement for Social Justice and Minority Rights”. Both projects involve regular trainings, coaching and other forms of support to partner organisations across Myanmar and on the Thai-Myanmar border. We also do additional activities beside these projects. For example, we are currently developing new training materials on social cohesion and peacebuilding.
About the Vacancy Contract
Mote Oo Education offers a full-time (40 hours/week) 12-month contract for the vacant position as Civic and Peace Education Assistant Trainer. The Civic and Peace Education Assistant Trainer will work as part of a team in the Civic and Peace Education Department.
Mote Oo Education offers a monthly net salary of 450,000 Myanmar Kyats (MMK). Due to budget limitations, this salary rate is non-negotiable. Mote Oo Education covers travel, accommodation, per diem and activity-related costs during travels in work. Mote Oo Education also offers a physical working place at our Yangon office.
About the Civic and Peace Education Assistant Trainer Position
The Civic and Peace Education Assistant Trainer will:
- Provide administrative and logistical help in connection to civic and peace education trainings.
- Co-facilitate civic and peace education trainings and proactively use this work as a capacity-building opportunity.
- Participate in capacity-building activities related to social cohesion with the aim to facilitate social cohesion trainings to partners in the future.
- Assist with basic financial reporting.
- Participate in internal communication and meetings within Mote Oo Education. Assist with other work tasks as required.