Kids4Peace Boston Seeking a Program Director
Seeking Professional Skilled in Experiential Learning & Passionate About Youth & Social Justice
Job Summary: The Program Director is responsible for developing, organizing, supervising, and evaluating all K4PB summer and school-year programs.
- Develop, plan, manage, and be responsible for the organization and delivery of all summer and school-year programs.
- Create experiential and fun learning environments which engage youth and enable participants to develop and use their leadership and peace building skills.
- Propose program goals and activities/curriculum to achieve those goals; Specify how summer and year-round programs are to be designed, integrated, and coordinated over the six-year program to advance youth development, goal achievement and peace leadership.
- Develop and deliver personally, through program staff and with program partners, all summer and year-round programs, ensuring that they meet a high standard of program quality, achieve program goals, and engage participants
- Hire, train, and supervise program staff and volunteers and collaborate with program partners.
Key Required Background and Skills:
- Prior experience developing, delivering, and managing successful, creative, and fun experiential learning programs for adolescents age 12 to 17 from diverse backgrounds (preferably in a camp or other non-classroom/experiential setting)
- Exceptional organizational skills, including proven ability to work and lead independently and juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, hands-on environment
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal) and technological skills (including google apps, social media, online publishing tools)
- Highly self-motivated, responsible, energetic, and prepared to work in a small, demanding non-profit setting
- A commitment to the importance of interfaith peacebuilding and leadership training among youth