- This event has passed.
Online Certificate Course on Gender Mainstreaming – 2021 Edition
March 1, 2021 - March 31, 2021$300
Gender mainstreaming is a strategy to achieve gender equality. This strategy aims at making visible the different impacts on or impact of women and men in a given context. It involves the recognition that the gender division of labor and its associated norms, values and ideologies are defined by a complex of power relations which tend to accord to women lesser political voice, social/cultural value, and access to and control over economic resources. This course aims to improve participants’ ability to deal with special interventions for gender equality and mainstreaming of gender equality when designing, implementing and monitoring development interventions.
The course covers practical strategies and skills for mainstreaming gender – including the use of gender planning frameworks; addressing gender issues in logical frameworks and developing gender policies. Critical analysis of current theory and practice is encouraged throughout the course.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the key gender concepts, themes and gender mainstreaming processes;
- Understand gender mainstreaming as a strategy to achieve gender equality;
- Develop awareness of the challenges to gender mainstreaming and build competency to address these challenges;
- Explain and differentiate the various frameworks for gender analysis as means of gender mainstreaming;
- Strengthen the capacity of relevant actors to apply gender mainstreaming effectively in their organizations or institutions
After completion of this course, participants should have acquired the skills to contribute towards the implementation of gender mainstreaming in their organisations, workplace and communities.
- Online, interactive, self-paced and self-learning modules.
- Assignments to test your knowledge and understanding before and after the test.
- Opportunity to post comments, assignment answers, live chat etc.
This course is designed for women and men in governments, donor agencies and NGOs, non-profits, students, as well as individual consultants and trainers, who have the responsibility of mainstreaming gender in development organisations and in national policy processes. Also, not left out is managers, executives, and other staff working on gender issues.
Participants must have a current e-mail account, regular access to and general familiarity with the internet and mobile phones.
The course fee is US$300. There is a limited amount of partial scholarships available for this course for applicants from developing countries and newly independent states, based on financial needs. The course fee covers certificate of training, learning materials and post-training consultations.
Course Location: Online [web-based]
The deadline for application is 28th February 2021, while full tuition payment is due on or before 1st March 2021. However, applications will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis. You can also apply online at https://justicegroup.org/submit-your-application-form/ OR you can request for application by sending a mail to applications@justicegroup.