- This event has passed.
Global Days of Action on Military Spending
April 13 - May 12
War in Ukraine is boosting militarism across the world, and military spending increases are expected/have been announced in many countries. But we believe this conflict proves quite the opposite: we need to defund war and start investing in peace and common & human security…
Join us for the 11th edition of the Global Days of Action on Military Spending from April 13 to May 12, protest military budgets & warmongering and take action for peace & justice!
These dates include:
- April 13: Opening online conference
- April 18: Tax Day in the U.S.
- April 21: Launching of the Common Security Agenda 2022
- April 25: GDAMS press conferences and social media storm on the occasion of SIPRI’s release of new data on military spending
- May 9: Europe’s Day of Peace · Actions against the militarization of the European Union
- May 10 to 12: Actions against the militarization of the Asia-Pacific region
How can you get involved?
If you’re part of an organization:
- Prepare your own GDAMS actions or join other organizations. Once you know the details please send us an email to [email protected]. We’ll add them to our map and help you disseminate them.
- Press conferences on April 25 will be a highlight one more year. We’ll analyse the new data on military spending released that day by SIPRI and spread our message. If you want to prepare a press conference in your city/country, reach to us and we’ll help you plan it.
- Be part of our Social Media Storm on April 25.
- Share ideas, articles, actions and comments with the GCOMS network: through social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram), directly with other partners, or by sending an email to our Coordination Team
As an individual:
- Do Online Campaigning: join our social media storm on April 25; use your social media to protest military budgets by sharing pictures, news, materials and actions;
More instructions will follow soon!
- Join a local group working on the issue, or set one up! Here’s our list of partners.