Basics of Nonviolence with Michael Nagler
January 26 - March 1
Weekly meetings take place on Zoom, Fridays from January 26 – March 1, from 11am-12:30pm California Time.
Sessions will include lectures, discussions, and work on individual projects.
Course Materials will include:
- The Third Harmony film,
- Reading materials from the Metta Center’s bookstore, and
- Readings from Gandhi and other nonviolence theorists and activists
Upon completion of course, students will take away:
- an understanding of the history and theory of nonviolence as not only a strategic tool, but a holistic vision of life
- an understanding of the basic concepts, terms, and models used at the Metta Center
- knowledge of Gandhi’s impact on a diverse range of fields, and how this connects to the concept of “paradigm shift”
- practical ideas for projects that can create significant change
- resources to equip their further exploration of nonviolence
Questions can be directed to Sophia.
Register by January 19.