(Reposted from: UNESCO/International Institute for Educational Planning)
This curriculum resource kit is a collaboration between International Institute for Educational Planning (IIEP)-UNESCO, Protect Education in Insecurity and Conflict (PEIC), and UNESCO’s International Bureau of Education (IBE). The kit provides practical tools, strategies and guidance on addressing safety, resilience and social cohesion in curriculum design, review and implementation, including for curriculum, textbooks, and teacher trainers. The kit includes a series of eight curriculum development booklets.
- Booklet 1: Overview: Curriculum enhancement to promote safety, resilience, and social cohesion
- Booklet 2: Getting started: How do we organize the process?
- Booklet 3: Key content: What are the desired learning outcomes?
- Booklet 4: Curriculum review: Where are we now and where do we want to go?
- Booklet 5: Curriculum approach: How will we get there?
- Booklet 6: Textbooks and other education materials: What key messages do we want to convey and how?
- Booklet 7: Teacher development: How will we support and train teachers?
- Booklet 8: Assessment, and monitoring and evaluation: How will we know what students have learned?