The country programme of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) is designed to support the overcoming of social polarities in Eastern Ukraine through peace education measures. Jointly with Ukrainian partner organisations, the CPS shall help overcome stereotypes, counter violence and promote a constructive way to handle conflicts by fostering diversity. Challenges related to the high number of internally displaced persons play a crucial role in this process.
- Analysis of the needs of teachers, social workers and psychological support specialists at schools in the CPS target regions for upskilling in civil conflict management or peace education approaches;
- Development and implementation of tailored trainings for teachers within the partner organisation’s network involving further local partners;
- Development and implementation of tools for supervision or experience and expertise exchange in peace education;
- Development of support materials concerning civil conflict management or peace education methods for teachers;
- Networking with regional or national public institutions, local NGOs and international experts.
- Academic degree in pedagogics/teaching, psychology, peace and conflict studies or in similar areas;
- Relevant professional experience in adult education as well as professional knowledge and methodological skills in civil conflict management and peace support;
- Ideally, training in coaching or supervision or relevant experience in reflecting on processes;
- Experience in supporting communication and constructive cooperation between schools, parents, teachers and students is an asset;
- Profound knowledge in preparing guidelines, reports and analytical notes;
- Team player, strong empathy, ability to learn quickly, creativity and ability for intercultural communication;
- Proficient command of English in business context; good knowledge of Russian or Ukrainian is an asset.
Location: Kharkiv, Ukraine
Assignment period: 09/01/2021 – 05/31/2023
Type of employment: full-time
Application deadline: 07/08/2021
To apply: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=55872