Basmeh and Zeitooneh is seeking a Peace Education Facilitator to work with Syrian Refugees in Shatila, Lebanon.
Application deadline: July 23, 2018
Basmeh and Zeitooneh started as a group of volunteers dedicated to serving Syrian refugees in Lebanon. The organization was founded by Syrian expatriates currently residing in Lebanon, whose primary goal is to motivate Syrian youth and women that are victimized by the conflict. Basmeh and Zeitooneh’s role has been to find and initiate avenues for those affected by the conflict to develop their skills, and lead a life of dignity.
- Implement psychosocial activities according to the children’s ages and situation and according to
Basmeh and Zeitooneh Curriculum.
- Promote and ensure the child participation in B&Z activities;
- Prepare and implement recreational activities for targeted children;
- Positively interact with children and youth and encourage them to express their needs and ensure
- Understand the development of children/youth, encourage them in decision making; Listen to them;
help them express their feelings and needs and respond to it positively;
- Report any observed problem of a child to PSS assistant for necessary support or referral;
- Conduct outreach activities to select targeted children and establish a connection with host
- Organize events with children/youth from the host communities and support child-led activities.
- Prepare and implement social peace building activities for targeted youth;
- Help the youth to create social peace building initiatives and conduct them within the community.
Abilities and skills
- Able to work with refugees and deprived children;
- Experience in humanitarian and social work (Scouts experience, Youth clubs experience, Computer
skills, Stress Management skills.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills especially with children;
- Strong experience in providing recreational activities to children (drama, play, games, circus, sport,
storytelling, drawing/painting, artistic activities, music, dancing)
- Experience in theatre and expressive arts;
- Experience in or has undergone a training in social peace building and/or community based training and/or social initiatives.
Application Submissions Guidelines
Please include “Peace Education Facilitator-Beirut” in the subject line of the email (emails with no subject line will be discarded) – Due to the large number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted – Basmeh & Zeitooneh is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Contact email: Jobs@Basmeh-Zeitooneh.org