The Association for Historical Dialogue and Research (AHDR) is looking for one Greek-speaking and one Turkish-speaking intern with an interest in history education and peace education for the period September 2018-February 2019 to join our office based in the Home for Cooperation, at the heart of Nicosia.
Deadline for applications is 27 August.
Interns provide support to the operations of the AHDR and are supported by the AHDR team that helps them to develop skills in research, project management and event organization. Interns provide research and administrative support and are expected to work on a wide range of projects. Interns will also assist in the preparation, management and delivery of events.
- Proposed length of internship is three (3) to six (6) months, starting in September
- The schedule and number of hours of selected interns can be discussed upon request on an individual basis.
- All internships are unpaid: Costs such as housing, travel, living expenses, visa arrangements and medical insurance connected with the program must be borne by the interns.
The AHDR is a unique multi-communal, non-for-profit, non-governmental organization established in Nicosia in 2003. We embrace values of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the European Convention on Human Rights, the UNESCO aims on education, and the Council of Europe’s recommendations relevant to history teaching. At AHDR, you will have the opportunity to gain work experience in the field of history, history education and peace education. Join our team, develop new skills and connect with youth, educators and organisations in Cyprus and around the world.
- Work closely with the AHDR Officers in the coordination of work plans and deliverables;
- Catalogue publications, update database with contact lists (press, teachers, and members);
- Research and analyse data;
- Research funding sources, oversee the development of fundraising plans and write proposals;
- Provide logistical and technical assistance with meetings and events;
- Translation from Greek or Turkish to English to Greek or Turkish;
- Manage social media and Mailchimp (newsletter) accounts, answer enquiries;
- Attend networking activities and European level meetings;
- Other related duties.