In order to reflect on the challenges that the world is facing at the moment, we invite artists to participate in the collective exhibition Art for Peace 2022. With the violence of war haunting us, the deepening of polarities, political, humanitarian and public health crisis as a result of the pandemic, it has never been more urgent and relevant to be united to strengthen the Culture of Peace.
Art is fundamental to helping us maintain our sanity and can be a creative channel for us to express our feelings of desolation, anguish, indignation and protest. Art can, in addition to serving as entertainment, be a precious healing balm for our eyes, ears and hearts.
We invite artists to create this collective exhibition, where art and reflection meet and help us to dissolve barriers and disarm our hearts. It will not be a contest but a celebration where participants will be able to express through their talent how they are feeling about the moment we are living.
The works will be exhibited virtually in our digital magazine Openzine. Subsequently, a curatorship will be held and the selected works will be exhibited at the headquarters of the cultural collective Fora da Caixa in October and may even participate in traveling exhibitions in other places, cities and countries.
The proposal is to create a space for dialogue, reflection, criticism and/or humor about the social, ecological and ethical problems that we are experiencing on the planet.
The following artistic media will be accepted: painting, drawing, photography and video.
The registration can be individual or collective, the registration period will take place between June 1st until August 31st, 2022. Paintings, cartoons, illustrations, drawings, photos or videos (up to one minute) can integrate the exhibition. Those interested in participating should send their work in JPG format, scanned at 300 dpi.
General Rules and Conditions for submission
This Regulation lays down the rules and conditions for participation in the Art for Peace 2022 exhibition.
Site and Dissemination. The organization provides the virtual space of the exhibition and is responsible for the dissemination of the event through the appropriate means, namely: email, Facebook, Instagram and other social networks.
1. Each artist, Brazilian or foreign, can participate with a maximum of 3 works.
2. By “works” we mean: any artistic expression that fits into one of the following categories: a. Painting; b. Drawing; c. Illustration/Cartoon; d. Video; e. Photography;
Participation and Categories
1. Visual Arts: The Registration Form presented at this google form must be properly completed. The image of the work(s) to be exhibited, as well as the technical record(s) of the same(s), including the author’s name of the works must be sent to in JPG format, carried out in digital or digitized format with 300 dpi to email@example.com
The participation may be individual or collective, and must identify all participants of the same.
2. Audiovisual (Video): The Registration Form must be properly completed and accompanied by an mp4 video format (duration of no more than 1 minute), which must be sent to the email firstname.lastname@example.org through platforms such as Yousendit or WeTransfer. Registration may be individual or collective, and must identify all participants.
3. The Form shall be filled completed and the submission of the image, photo or video with the consent for Data Processing, within the period set out in the preceding point.
4. Participation in the collective exhibition Art for Peace 2022 is prohibited to members of the collective team.
5. The selection of the works that will integrate physical exhibit will be done from the results of the virtual vote.
a) Production and dissemination of the digital invitation to present the show and places where they will occur;
b) Printing the images and photos of the selected projects to participate in physical exposure from the results of the virtual vote.
d) Contact the selected artists to inform them of their participation in the exhibition.
Obligations of the participating Artists
a) Sending the art works on the exhibit, carried out digitally or digitized in 300 dpi in JPG format within the defined period, describing the techniques used and the titles/subtitles of the pieces to be exposed. It should also give the organization the right to use the images of these works, exclusively for dissemination of the event.
b) Copyright – The participating Artists give to the organization of “Art for Peace” all copyright related to photographic and audiovisual documentation of the works.
c) Final considerations
1. Participation in the “Art for Peace” implies full acceptance of all clauses presented in this Regulation.
2. Any further clarifications required may be required through: email@example.com