Job Location: Kabul
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: As per organization salary scale
Contract Duration: 1 year
Close date: 30 Sep, 2018
AFRANE (Amitié Franco-Afghane / Friendship between France and Afghanistan) is French Non-Profit and Non-Governmental Organization created in May 1980. Its original aim is to support the afghan population with urgent needs, the development of the country, as well as a better information in France about the situation in Afghanistan.
Since 1996, AFRANE has focused its intervention on the education sector, believing that education is the first path towards peace. In 2002, AFRANE adapted its strategy to the evolving national context and started working only with the public education sector.
Today, AFRANE supports a network of 48 public schools through teacher training, distribution of material and construction, within 5 provinces: Parwan, Kabul, Nangarhar, Bamyan and Herat. AFRANE also runs programs to support access to higher education and vocational training.
In the frame of its activities, AFRANE launched a new program 30 months ago to provide peace education within public schools. Its purpose is to avoid violent behaviours within schools, promote mediation, improve classrooms management and fight against school drop-out. To pursue the implementation of this program, AFRANE is looking for a new Peace Education Trainer.
Responsibilities of the Peace Education Trainer
- Under the supervision of the Pedagogical Coordinator of AFRANE, the Peace Education Trainer will have the following responsibilities:
- The trainer organizes training within schools in Tcharikar, Djalalabad (depending on the security context), Kabul and Waras district (Bamyan province). The topics of the training depend on the needs assessment performed by the school director, together with the Peace Education Trainer. It can be: mediation, classroom management, children’s rights or absenteeism. The trainees can also vary: parents, teachers or students.
- After the training, the trainer will perform observation visits to assess the result of the training and the evolution of the practices. After the observation, the trainer will provide a feedback to the trainee.
- The trainer drafts comprehensive qualitative report in French or English after the implementation of the training.
- The trainer, when necessary, collects quantitative and qualitative data during and after the training.
- The trainer can also be asked to perform baseline studies before the conception of a new project or qualitative assessment after the implementation of a project. These assessments will be conducted through group discussions or individual interviews.
- A significant part of the trainer’s responsibilities is also to proactively train himself or herself. Peace education is a new sector of intervention, especially within public schools and there is much to learn on the way to better implement peace education programs.
- The trainer can also occasionally become the focal point for small scale projects, being the intermediary between the board of AFRANE and project managers.
Description of the contract:
- Based in Kabul, with occasional trips to Tcharikar, Waras district (Bamyan Porvince) and Djalalabad (depending on security). The trainer must be ready to spend sometimes a week out of Kabul.
- 38 hours per week.
- Beginning of the contract : 15th of October 2018
- 23 000 AFN / month – Applicants who want more the 23000 AFN/month should indicate the salary they expect. Experience will be taken into account in the final decision regarding the salary.
- Eid allowance, twice a year
- Phone allowance
- Transportation allowance for women
- Bachelor degree from University, preferably in psychology, sociology, law or French language.
- A first professional experience in the education sector is considered as necessary.
- Experience in conducting training (any kind) would be seen as great asset.
- Specific training or experience on the following topics would be highly appreciated: mediation, peace education or children’s rights.
- Diplomatic and Mediation skills are required.
- Curiosity, dynamism and self-management. As described above, the trainer is expected to continuously look for new pedagogical resources in order to improve the quality of its training of to offer new contents.
- Full professional proficiency in English or French is required.
- An equal knowledge of Dari and Pashto would be much appreciated.
To apply, the candidate must send a resume (2 pages maximum) and a cover letter in English or French to firstname.lastname@example.org, before the 30th of September. The first applicants can be received and interviewed before the date of application closing.
The resume should include at least 2 references, indicating contact details and spoken languages.