Seeds of Peace GATHER Fellowship accepting applications
Seeds of Peace is proud to announce its second annual GATHER Fellowship in partnership with the Swearer Center’s Social Innovation Initiative at Brown University.
CALL TO ACTION
Seeds of Peace’s GATHER initiative is searching for 15-20 emerging leaders whose work and ideas are advancing the political, social, and economic conditions essential for peace.
The GATHER Fellowship is an investment in practical idealism. The Fellowship is looking to accelerate sustainably-designed and impact-oriented social ventures transforming conflict in their respective communities.
Conflict transformation work can come in many forms—through the tools of social entrepreneurship, art, media, business, education, civic engagement and beyond. We want to invest in the work and ideas of our alumni and other young leaders advancing change across the Middle East, South Asia, Europe, and the United States.
As a GATHER Fellow, you will become part of a premiere cohort of local and global change-agents. Leadership can be a lonely business—GATHER is therefore intentionally designed to support you and your venture within the context of a trusting community. You will be provided with the tools to accelerate your social venture, professional mentorship, skill building, and access to a pool of venture acceleration funds.
Gather: Venture acceleration process launching in London (November 2016) and culminating at Brown University in Rhode Island (June 2017). All associated costs are covered by the GATHER Fellowship.
Grow: Ongoing skill-building workshops and high-profile lectures virtually and in-person through local hubs (comprised of nearby GATHER fellows/Seeds of Peace alumni).
Accelerate: Holistic venture development powered by Brown University’s Social Innovation Initiative. Access to up to $2,000 of venture acceleration funding (per project).
Access: Seeds of Peace’s global network of mentors and coaches will open the doors necessary to help make your venture a success.
Scale: Providing international platforms and visibility to showcase and amplify your venture.
CRITERIA AND ELIGIBILITY
The GATHER Fellowship invests in an accomplished, innovative, and diverse cohort from different sectors and backgrounds. Our selection of Fellows is guided by:
- Proven Experience: Personal experience, familiarity with issue at hand, tools, and passion necessary to achieve stated impact
- Leadership & Teamwork: Ability to communicate new ideas, influence others, and work collaboratively to maximize collective resources
- Clarity of Purpose: Clearly defined social challenge that relates to core conflict issues, strategically designed solution, and sustainable plan of action
- Venture Stage: A developed prototype, pilot or other evidence that demonstrates the viability of the idea and its potential to create change
- Commitment: Full and active participation in all program elements. Gather Fellows are expected to be in full-attendance at in-person convenings in addition to 5-10 hours of monthly programming
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates must complete and submit the online application form by September 30, 2016.
- Applications Due: September 30
- Final Decisions: Mid-October
- London Fellowship Launch: November 14-20
- Ongoing Virtual & Local Meetups: December-June
- Fellowship Culmination @ Brown University: Mid-June 2017
The Social Innovation Initiative team, within the Swearer Center for Public Service at Brown University, is advising on Fellowship design and providing content, instruction, and marketing for the Fellowship.
CONTENT DISCLAIMER: please read the Global Campaign for Peace Education's content disclaimer / policy regarding the posting and sharing of content.