Location: New York City
Partnership with Children works with public schools in New York City’s highest-need communities to provide critical social and emotional supports for the hardest-to-reach youth and to systematically build schools that are safe, successful and conducive to learning. The Restorative Justice Coordinator will work collaboratively to build skills and commitment for the implementation of a restorative justice program in a NYC school.
- Collaborate with school administration and staff to conduct a school climate and discipline overview and needs assessment, on needs of students, families and school community
- Develop a strategic plan for developing and supporting the implementation of the Restorative Justice program
- Establish and facilitate teams of school stakeholders responsible for implementing and sustaining the restorative program
- Organize restorative practices training for key school stakeholders, who will then turnkey training to additional staff on restorative practices and procedures
- Coordinate student orientations and parent workshops in restorative justice approaches and leadership opportunities
- Ensure Restorative Justice practices are carried out in culturally and racially sensitive manner
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters in Social Work or another related field preferred
- In depth knowledge of, and experience using, Restorative Justice practices
- Experience working in a school setting required
- Demonstrated expertise in working with and facilitating groups of school-based staff
- Exhibits cultural competence and works with racial justice lens
- Demonstrated belief in youth development and youth leadership
- Act as lead Partnership with Children representative at the school and have ability and interest in being the face of Partnership with Children within the school building and in the surrounding community
- Work in fast-paced environment, flexible and can-do attitude
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and clearance by NYC Department of Education
Full-time, occasional weeknight and Saturday hours
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 401k pension plan, life insurance, and twenty days paid vacation per year.
This position may also be available as a six-month full-time commitment (January to June). If interested in this option, please mention in your cover letter.
How to Apply:
To apply for any position, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line and kindly let us know how you heard of this opportunity. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Partnership with Children provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.
CONTENT DISCLAIMER: please read the Global Campaign for Peace Education's content disclaimer / policy regarding the posting and sharing of content.