Lebanese CSO Seeks Peace Education Coordinator
Employer: Basmeh & Zeitooneh
Deadline for applications: Tuesday, February 7, 2017
Contract:Full time position
Location: Bar Elias (Bekaa Valley)
For more information and to apply contact: [email protected]
Basmeh and Zeitooneh started as a group of volunteers dedicated to serving Syrian refugees in Lebanon. The organization was founded by Syrian expatriates currently residing in Lebanon, whose primary goal is to motivate Syrian youth and women that are victimized by the conflict. Basmeh and Zeitooneh’s role has been to find and initiate avenues for those affected by the conflict to develop their skills, and lead a life of dignity.
Key areas of accountability:
The project coordinator will play a critical role in supervising a team working in Peace education within a larger team in Basmeh and Zeitooneh and more specifically:
- Supervise and manage the performance of the team involved in the program and working with children, adolescents, youth and caregivers to deliver psychosocial wellbeing and case management.
- Ensure quality and minimum child protection standards are implemented and respected in all activities, including child safeguarding policy.
- Ensure that procurement plans are up to date and materials are ordered and delivered to the staff working in specific locations and in a timely manner.
- Create and update of activity plans per activity/programme site and communicate the targets, programme objectives and activity plans clearly to children, adolescents, youth and the community at large ensuring they are well understood amongst the supervisors and facilitators.
- Establishing and maintaining a monthly work and weekly plan which will include weekly monitoring visits to all locations where activities are implemented.
- Ensure a strict adherence to the principles of Child Protection at all times, including respect for confidentiality.
- Work closely with the all teams’ supervisors,
- Any other related activities as per request of the Program Manager.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Participate in regular monitoring and evaluation activities of the programme.
- Produce timely reports for internal use on the activities in each location, highlighting challenges, best practices and lessons learnt.
- Ensure that data is accurately collected on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Ensure accurate data entry when necessary.
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least three years’ experience in working with children and community mobilisation, preferably in an (I) NGO environment.
- Bachelor’s degree Social Work or related sciences, Development/Humanitarian Studies.
- Experience in managing people and working in a team.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Facilitation and coaching skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Understanding of national development issues, in particular in relation to adolescent and youth.
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to plan strategically.
- Strength in interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic, good written and spoken English and/or French.
- Flexibility and willingness to change work practices and hours and capability to work in an insecure and volatile environment.
- Ability to manage stress, be flexible and accommodating in difficult working circumstances
- Ability to maintain consistent high standards of professional behaviour and achievement when working independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with Greater Bekka Area is an asset.
Experience required: 3 to 5 years
Education degree: Bachelor Degree
Field of education: Social Work or related sciences, Development/Humanitarian Studies
LANGUAGES: Arabic: Fluent English: Fluent French
Period: Six Months (Renewable)
CONTENT DISCLAIMER: please read the Global Campaign for Peace Education's content disclaimer / policy regarding the posting and sharing of content.