Global Kids seeks Director of Programs
Global Kids, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Director of Programs. The Director of Programs works hand in hand with the Executive Director to develop, support and oversee GK’s extensive school and center-based programs in New York City and Washington, DC, as well as special domestic and international initiatives. The Director of Programs ensures that program quality is of the highest caliber, outcomes are attained, and fidelity to mission is adhered. As Global Kids continues in its 28th year, the Director of Programs will directly be involved strategic planning for the future, including replication and expansion efforts, organizational development and sustainability, and systems development for program quality. The Director of Programs supervises and collaborates with the GK Director of High School Programs, Director of Middle School Programs, Washington DC Program Director, Director of Community Schools and other staff to fulfill GK’s mission to develop youth in underserved communities to become global citizens and community leaders.
- Oversee and monitor development and implementation of middle and high school in-school and out-of-school time youth leadership and global education programs in New York City and Washington, DC.
- Ensure that program staff are prepared and equipped to deliver GK’s innovative programs through ongoing professional development and training, curriculum guidance, and other supports.
- Engage with staff on development of curriculum, trainings, outcomes measurement, and program quality tools.
- Design and implement technical and professional development trainings and projects on such topics as youth development, international affairs, global competency, and project based learning as needed.
- Collaborate with designated staff to track, analyze, and utilize program outcomes information.
- Build relationships with funders, contract program managers, school personnel, and partner organizations to further program goals and success.
- Supervise senior level program staff.
Organizational Development and Leadership
- Work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors on strategic planning and organizational goals and priorities.
- Represent the organization at conferences, events, high level meetings, and dialogues with potential funders and supporters.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to identify and develop new program sites, seek program expansion and replication opportunities within and beyond GK’s current service areas, and design appropriate models for scaling.
- Oversee hiring, training, supervision, and coaching of senior program staff.
- Assist the Director of Development on proposals and program funding initiatives.
- Oversee and coordinate the submission of contract work plans, budgets, and invoices and fee for service opportunities with designated staff.
- Ensure site-based program staff are effectively implementing programs that meet contractual requirements.
- Monitor and report on the impact and quality of programming.
- Produce Program Report for Board of Directors on a quarterly basis.
- Track organizational impact and numbers reached for all programs.
- Work with senior program staff to update Trainer Manual and other resources for program staff on GK Wiki site.
- Master’s degree in related field (e.g. Education, International Relations, etc.) and ten (10) years of relevant professional experience required.
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing multiple program sites, supervising personnel, and managing teams.
- Passion for and knowledge of global issues, international affairs, youth development and social justice/activism, as well experience designing and implementing engaging, interactive programming and curriculum in these areas.
- Knowledge of outcomes measurement, program quality tools, and other methods to ensure excellence.
- Experience managing multiple contracts with demanding performance measures and outcomes.
- Experience using interactive experiential learning strategies, counseling and conflict resolution skills, and youth development/leadership strategies in culturally diverse settings with youth.
- Direct experience working with and designing curriculum for high school and/or middle school populations.
- Experience creating and delivering professional development for educators and youth workers.
- Excellent facilitation, consensus-building and interpersonal skills.
- Initiative, creativity, willingness to learn, and ability to juggle multiple tasks independently.
- Excellent communication, writing, organizational, and technology skills.
- Experience scaling/replicating programs a plus.
- International experience and foreign language background a plus.
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experience. Good benefits and possibilities for travel. We are actively seeking candidates of diverse backgrounds.
To Apply: Please send a resume, cover letter with salary requirements, three references, and a published writing sample or curriculum sample to [email protected] Please indicate “Director of Programs” in the subject line of the email. Application deadline is January 13, 2017 but applications will be reviewed as they come in. We are unable to accept any phone, email, or fax inquiries; please refer to the Global Kids web site for further information, www.globalkids.org.
CONTENT DISCLAIMER: please read the Global Campaign for Peace Education's content disclaimer / policy regarding the posting and sharing of content.