Theorizing Linkages, Practicing Solidarity: Feminist Approaches To Conflict Resolution
The Center for the Study of Gender and Conflict is proud to announce the call for proposals for their 5th annual conference taking place on the Arlington, Virginia campus of George Mason University, located in the Washington D.C. metro area, with easy access to the nation’s capital. Proposal Deadline: December 1, 2016.
Proposals are invited from graduate students, faculty, practitioners, and artists who are broadly grappling with questions related to feminism and conflict resolution. We are especially interested in papers addressing the following themes:
- Feminist methodological, pedagogical, or theoretical innovations on issues related to conflict and violence
- International, transnational feminisms
- Solidarity, resistance, and feminist coalitional politics
- Theorizing power and agency
- Art, creativity, imagination and feminist CR practice
- Papers on other related themes are also welcome.
Abstracts are welcomed for paper presentations, panels, creative work or other presentation methods that respond to the above themes or that relate broadly to recent developments or debates regarding gender and conflict. Posters, art, and performance pieces are also more than welcome.
Abstracts of no more than 300 words, including your name and your institutional affiliation, should be submitted to [email protected]u.edu no later than December 1, 2016.
Your proposal should include the following information:
- Title of the Paper and/or Panel.
- A short abstract of each presentation or description of creative work (300 word maximum per presentation).
- Biographical information for each presenter including organizational or institutional affiliation (100 words maximum). •
Please note that single paper presentations may last no longer than 20 minutes.
Fees for accepted presenters will be collected to offset the costs associated the conference. The fee schedule is as follows:
- George Mason University Students and Faculty – Free
- Graduate student presenters – $30
- Professional Presenters (Other institutional faculty, practitioners, post-doctoral presenters) – $100
CONTENT DISCLAIMER: please read the Global Campaign for Peace Education's content disclaimer / policy regarding the posting and sharing of content.