1st International Youth Summit: “The Role of Youth in achieving Peace, Education and Sustainable Development’’
Applications are open for 1st International Youth Summit Lahore 2017 that aims to be a reset with youth-based events in one key fundamental aspect: attitude! Youth events, worldwide, have become a stage for the youth to complaint about its non-inclusive status (not children and not adults) and to reinforce a certain sense of social alienation and of being special. We are all special because we are alive! Being younger or elder as little, or nothing, to do with it.
The main theme of the conference revolves around three pillars: sustainability, peace and education.
- Sustainability: The greatest challenge for our generation is to make the transition from the brown, fossil-fuelled economy that built and powered the 20th Century industrial civilization – to a green, renewable and sustainable economy which the world will require as fossil fuels will run out (according to some scientific predictions) towards the end of the 21st century. It is not just fossil fuels that are running out: the world is approaching ‘peak in everything and everywhere’ – and it is today’s youth generation who are, willingly or not, going to have to address that challenge.
- Peace: Peace is the foundation of any kind of human prosperity. No kingdom, Empire or Civilizational space survived without peace. This is the foundation and driver of our development and only in peace we are able to unlock our true potential as human beings freed from fear and freed from wanting. We believe that to be able to have peaceful communities, we have to start from ourselves. Therefore, during the Summit we will focus on ourselves and on our inner peace development.
- Education: The system of education running in several of our countries sometimes fails to meet the challenge due to lack of flexibility and clear lack of innovation. The education we have today seems to be very often designed to craft individuals to be obedient, unconscious, and dormant. We want to innovate and co-create an education system where people would be raised to be conscious, to have critical-thinking skills, to be creative all the time, to overall be empathetic human beings.
Food, Accommodation and Local transport are covered by the organisers. Delegates are responsible for their airfare to and from Pakistan. (Airfare may be sponsored in few and very special cases)
- Young activists, professionals, young entrepreneurs, representatives of NGOs, academics, and journalists are eligible for applying to be a part of the summit. The call is open to participants from around the world.
- Age Limit: 18 – 35 (Flexibility regarding the age limit will be decided on a case by case basis by the Organizing Committee)
- Command of English – Applicants do not have to be a native English speaker, however, the IYSL is conducted in English so basic understanding or oral and written English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit 1st International Youth Summit Lahore 2017.
CONTENT DISCLAIMER: please read the Global Campaign for Peace Education's content disclaimer / policy regarding the posting and sharing of content.