There are many ways to Learn, Explore & Share on the Global Campaign for Peace Education!
Translate the GCPE into your Language of Choice
The GCPE can be instantly translated into most any language of your choice! Choose your language from the top of the sidebar menu on the right. If you language isn’t on the list let us know. And, if the translation isn’t accurate, you can instantly submit edits and revisions for the benefit of future visitors!
Articles on the GCPE are Organized by Categories
Articles on the GCPE are organized by user friendly categories that can be easily accessed from the top menu.
These categories include:
News & Views
- Features: special articles from leading peace education practitioners and scholars invited by the Global Campaign editorial staff.
- News: articles related to peace education developments from around the world.
- Opinion: opinion articles and editorials related to peace education.
- Activity Reports: reports from peace education events, trainings, etc. & occasional newsletters from other peace education oriented groups.
- Action Alerts: notices about urgent and/or time sensitive campaigns, competitions or funding opportunities.
- Curricula: peace related curricula and teacher training resources.
- Research: original and published research on peace education.
- Policy: news, articles and documentation on educational policy developments related to peace education.
Learn & Do
- Events & Conferences: peace education related events and conferences.
- Academic Courses: upcoming academic courses related to peace education.
- Programs of Study: academic programs of study in peace education.
- Trainings & Workshops: non-academic (non-degree), informal and/or non-formal training and workshop opportunities.
- Campaigns: advocacy campaigns relevant to peace educators.
- Youth Focused: youth oriented programs, trainings and opportunities.
- Publications: new publications of relevance to the field and calls for papers.
- Book Reviews: reviews of important literature in the field.
jobs & Funding
- Jobs: job postings and career opportunities in peace education and related fields.
- Funding Opportunities: grant and scholarship opportunities.
Search by Topic or Interest Area
The GCPE “tags” articles by commonly used “issue areas” of concern to peace educators. You can conveniently pull up all articles of the most common issue areas from the top menu:
Of course the content on the GCPE includes more than what can be found in the menu. You can find a complete list of all tagged issue areas here. If you aren’t finding what you are looking for you can always search the entire site from the search box found at the top right of the page.
Global Peace Education Calendar
The GCPE publishes a global peace education calendar featuring conferences, academic courses, trainings, and action campaigns from around the world.
Many Ways to Share
The content of the GCPE is generated by you! You are invited to share news, activity reports, curricula, research, training opportunities, courses, events and more via our easy to use online submission form. After review by our editors, we’ll get your news or event quickly posted and share it with thousands around the globe.
We encourage you to engage in discussion with others by commenting on articles. How are you using the material? What ideas do you have to advance new perspectives or improve practice? At the end of each article you will find a comment/dialogue option. This feature is fully integrated with facebook so you can also share your thoughts with your friends and colleagues (if you so choose)!
We also encourage you to #SpreadPeaceEd by sharing any of the content on the GCPE via social media. Every article includes a convenient toolbar for easy sharing.
Get the News you Want – When you Want it – and Just the Right Amount!
Did you know we offer many subscription options? You have the option to receive news directly in your inbox every day, weekly or once a month. You can even choose all of the above and you can change your subscription options at any time via the link found at the bottom of all our messages.
Stay in Touch and Follow the GCPE in Social Media
Consider a Donation to Support the Campaign
The Global Campaign for Peace Education needs your help to sustain and grow its efforts. Please consider making a tax deductible contribution today.