UNESCO Bangkok coordinates the Happy Schools Video Contest
Deadline Extended! Enter Now! Accepting submissions until June 30, 2017!
What does a Happy School look like to you?
Submit a short video to our contest and win a trip to Bangkok and other prizes to be announced! Tell us what a Happy School looks like to you.
A happy learner is more likely to be a thriving one – better able to solve problems and apply critical thinking skills, more self-confident and likelier to form and foster positive relationships with others.
Happy learners require Happy Schools, those that ensure the holistic development and well-being of students and the wider school community.
In light of today’s competitive, stress-fueled and test-focused education systems, the Happy Schools Project aims to offer an alternative notion of the quality of education that values and nurtures learners’ diverse talents and strengths. In 2016, UNESCO Bangkok published Happy Schools! A Framework for Learner Well-being in the Asia-Pacific, which features 22 criteria for a happy school, as well as promising and innovative practices based on voices from the school level.
The Happy Schools Project calls for education systems to reposition the school as more than a service for educational instruction, but rather, an environment which allows for social and emotional growth and development for learners to contribute to a more peaceful, just and equitable world.
As part of UNESCO Bangkok’s Happy Schools Project, this video contest seeks to capture actions, moments and ideas that showcase and promote happiness in schools and learner well-being. All residents of the Asia-Pacific region are invited to submit video(s), along with a brief caption/description, that captures the concept of Happy Schools.
Submission Process and Requirements:
1. The competition is open to people of all ages residing in the Asia-Pacific region. This includes students, teachers, school leaders and parents. The competition also welcomes submissions from amateur and professional artists, photographers and designers, filmmakers, etc.
2. Each entrant can submit up to two (2) high-resolution videos of any kind
Winners and Prizes:
1. The 1 st place winner will be invited to Bangkok, Thailand to present their video at a special launch event (yet to be determined).
2. Prizes for 1 st , 2 nd , and 3 rd place will be announced soon! Please check back with us regularly for updates.
3. The winner(s) will be notified via email and announced on the UNESCO Bangkok website and social media sources.
CONTENT DISCLAIMER: please read the Global Campaign for Peace Education's content disclaimer / policy regarding the posting and sharing of content.