The Conflict Resolution Educator Award is given every year at the International Conference on Conflict Resolution Education conference to recognize an individual who has made substantial contributions to the field of conflict resolution education.
Who can nominate someone?
- Colleague or co-worker
- Supervisor or manager
Criteria for nomination include:
- Making a significant programmatic, academic, or practitioner-based contribution to the field of conflict resolution education.
- Contributing to long-term change in conflict resolution education.
- Attendance at the upcoming conference where the award would be given.
In order to nominate an individual for this award, please submit a nomination form that provides an explanatory summary of the reasons for nomination of no more than 2 typed pages. Identify the perceived impact of the individual’s work on others.
Note: Any participants on the Review Committee will be unable to nominate others.
Deadline for nominations: 11:59PM EST Friday, March 30th, 2018
Directions for submitting a nomination by the deadline:
- download and complete the nomination form
- Submit nominations by email to: [email protected]
- In the subject line please write: NOMINATION FOR CR EDUCATOR AWARD
- Attach the completed nomination form and up to two pages on why you feel this person has made a significant programmatic, academic, or practitioner based contribution to the field of conflict resolution education
About the annual conference: The 2018 conference builds upon prior conferences in 2005 – 2017 in New York, Ohio, and Virginia, which brought together government representatives from among the 50 states and around the globe and their non-governmental organization partners who have legislation or policies in place on topics such as conflict management, human rights, social and emotional learning, peace education, democracy education, civics education, and multi-cultural/global education at the K-12 level and in colleges and universities. Conference and meeting publications from eight of the conferences are available by clicking on the options on the right hand side of the web page.
The International Conference on CRE is an opportunity to engage in interdisciplinary collaboration and research. Presentations will focus on innovations in the fields that are making broad impacts in local, state, national, and international communities. Participants will exchange best practices, evaluation methodology, creation of policy implementation structures, consideration of obstacles to success, and new and innovative use of training, resources and technology. Conference participants will be drawn from the local, state, national, and international community. Primary and Secondary educators, H.S. students, college students, college and university faculty, and government and non-governmental organizations are encouraged to attend and present their work to make positive change in their local and global community.
Questions? Call Jennifer Batton, Conference Coordinator, at 216-952-5609 or email her at [email protected]